Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aiden's fav mac and cheese




Ok, I know what you're thinking. It's gotta be the kind w/shells and that glop of velveta cheese right? WRONG. This is very easy and so so much better than that other stuff. You can get creative and throw extra stuff in this, will not hurt my feelings.

Any pasta you like, tonight I used Shells. I used 1/2 lb(so half of the box)
Shredded cheese. I used Colby Jack and Cheddar tonight. But have used all kinds.
Small curd cottage cheese
salt
pepper
ground red pepper

Boil your pasta until al dente. Drain water really well from pasta. Pour pasta back into pot. Add 8oz of cottage cheese, and the shredded cheese a little at a time. Stir. The Cheese will slowly melt. Keep adding cheese until it's cheesy enough for YOU. Joe and Aiden like cheesy, I like whatever(being Lactose Intolerant, I will have to take a whole box of Lactaid to eat this ROFL) Add salt,and peppers. Stir, and taste.

Now, you can use any combination of cheese you want. Be creative, try different kinds. You can add some ground turkey to this(or beef), some veggies and you have a one pot meal.

I know, I know, this is not a "magical" recipe lmao, but you don't have to use flour, and the cottage cheese helps to make this creamy. You can bake this w/some extra cheese on top or some bread crumbs.HOWEVER, Mr. Joe doesn't like baked mac and cheese. He wants creamy.

1 comment:

  1. MMMMMM!!!!! This looks sooooo yummy! I can't wait to try it out! :) Perfect for one of those rainy days when we can't grill, or a day we don't have much time to whip something up. :)

    ReplyDelete