Monday, April 18, 2011

Baked Oatmeal



1 1/2C of Old Fashioned Oats
1 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp nutmeg
3tbsp splenda brown sugar
3tbsp maple syrup
1 banana, mashed
one large granny smith apple, diced
1/2C chopped pecans or walnuts
1 1/4 C milk(I use Soy milk)

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray a baking dish w/cooking spray. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well. Pour and spread out into baking dish. I sprinkle a little more brown sugar on top to have a "crunch". Bake in oven for 20-25min until lightly browned.

This is where you can get creative. You can add yogurt, honey, more maple syrup, fresh fruit, warm milk, even your favorite jam. I like to warm up a half a cup of milk and pour over my oatmeal. If you've never had baked oatmeal, you have to try it. I have another recipe on here called "Amish Oatmeal" that is so so good. It's a favorite for my whole family. I serve it Christmas morning and it's the one time where there's complete silence in my house LOL. If you want to switch up, try adding diced pears instead of apples. Omit the banana if you don't have any or don't like them. Very comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment