Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tex-Mex Stew

 






I found this recipe in a Family Circle cookbook and thought that I would give it a whirl. I did change it up a bit for our taste preferences. It smells so good right now!

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef(I used ground Turkey)
2 1/4 C water
1 can (15 1/2 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1C frozen chopped onions,green and red peppers
1 can RO*Tel Mexican Lime and Cilantro
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 TBSP ground cumin (I used 1 1/2 TBSP bc I love this spice)
1/2tsp salt(I added less bc of the onion soup mix)
1/2tsp dried oregano
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
Corn chips-optional
avocado-optional
cilantro-optional

In a large pot, brown the ground turkey and break it up w/spoon. Add 2 C water,beans, corn, soup mix, cumin, salt, oregano, cayenne, peppers, and rotel. Stir til combined and let come to simmer for about 10-15min. Stir 1/4 C water into the flour and mix together til smooth. Stir into stew; cook about one minute or until thickened. If desired garnish w/corn chips,cilantro and avacodo.

* It takes no time at all to put this recipe together. It's very very easy, and like I stated, it smells so good as it cooks. Next time you are in a hurry and need to put together something fast, this is the meal to do. Very good!


This is the Ro*Tel that I used. Sorry for the blur in pictures but my Camera actually died while I was taking the pics LOL. Also, this has a kick to it, so if you don't like spicy stuff, do not add the cayenne pepper ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment