SWEDISH APPLE PIE. It is a crustless pie, and therefore EXTRA simple to make. It is delicious!
* 2 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon white sugar(I used Splenda)
* 1 cup white sugar(I used Splenda)
* 3/4 cup margarine, melted
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan with margarine.
2. Fill 2/3 of the pan with sliced apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon,nutmeg and 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with the melted margarine. Stir in pecans, flour, egg and salt. Mix well. Spread mixture over the apples.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 65 minutes, or until golden brown. (it doesn't take this long in my oven, so watch it.)
This is so yummy. I got this recipe from a friend last year and it has quickly become a favorite in our house. It's super easy to make and the taste is amazing. If you like apple pie, do try this!