Monday, January 25, 2010

Granola Bars


Ok so I tried this recipe from Melanie and I have to say that everyone that's had them has LOVED them. I encourage anyone that likes granola bars to give this easy recipe a try. I don't know if I will ever buy granola bars again!!!

Granola Bars

2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup rice krispy cereal
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8x8 pan.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars.
Let it set completely and then cut into bars. Enjoy!

Today, I made another batch. This time I added 1/2 C of chopped walnuts. mmmmm nuts lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment