Thursday, May 28, 2009

Banana Streusel Muffins


These are so good. I recommend them w/a tall glass of milk, or soy in my case :)

1 3/4C all purpose flour
1/3C sugar(I used Splenda)
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1 egg beaten
1/2C milk(I used soy vanilla)
1/4C oil(I used unsweetened applesauce)
3/4C mashed banana I didn't measure this, I added 4 bananas lol

Grease 12 muffin cups. In a medium bowl combine, flour,sugar,baking powder,and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside. In another bowl,combine egg,milk,oil,banana and I also added some vanilla and butter extract. Since I didn't use butter or oil and used the applesauce,the extract gives it a nice flavor. Pour into well, and stir just til moistened. Overbeating will make muffins chewy. Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full.

To make the streusel topping:

3tbsp all purpose flour
3tbsp brown sugar
1tbsp oatmeal
1/4tsp cinnamon
2tbsp butter

mix all together til it looks like course crumbs. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 18-20min or til golden brown on top.

If you make these as "jumbo muffins" you'll need to lower your oven to 350 and bake about 30min!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment