Saturday, May 8, 2010

Caramel French Toast

I put this together tonight and stuck it in the fridge to bake for tomorrow morning. Since some of my gals asked for this recipe, I am posting it on my blog :) 

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 loaf french bread
5 eggs
1 and 1/4 cup milk(I used soy milk)
1 tsp vanilla

In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Heat and stir until melted together. Pour into the bottom of a 9”x13” pan. Slice the loaf of French bread into 1” thick slices. Lay the bread slices on the syrup mixture in the pan, using most (if not all) of the loaf. You may need to squeeze some pieces in, or cut a couple pieces to fill in the holes, but you should be able to use most of the loaf.  mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly pour the milk mixture over top of the bread, being sure to cover all the bread. AND I used bread that was already sliced-it was whole wheat but very hearty so I thought it would work just as well. :)

You can either freeze it or put it in fride for the next morning if you want. OR you can bake it
uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and cut into serving-size pieces. Serve, syrup-side up, on a plate sprinkled with powdered sugar.

*I will post pic tomorrow after I bake it, but wanted to post the recipe before I went to bed incase y'all wanted to make it tomorrow lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment