Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tandoori Chicken


I found this recipe in a magazine, Cooking Light. So, I wanted to try it out. I have to say it made the house smell heavenly. It had a really good flavor as well. It's an Indian dish that is usually cooked in a Tandoor oven but since I just have a regular oven, that's what I used LOL.

1 (6oz)container plain yogurt
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tsp garam masala
2tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp salt

Mix all the ingredients together and spoon over 6 skinless chicken thighs (I used skinless,boneless chicken thighs)and under. Cover and marinate for 4 hrs. Bake chicken, uncovered at 400 for 40 minutes or til chicken is done(juice run clean internal temp of 160).

Next time, I am trying it w/Chicken breast. Recipe states that this is great on steaks :) so that may be on my list to try too. Grilling them of course ;)


The sauce:

No comments:

Post a Comment